What information does SD collect about you and how does he collect it?
SD may collect and process data about you (your “information”) when:
- you send SD any correspondence including responding to correspondence from SD;
- you request information from SD or ask SD to contact you;
- SD considers that it is beneficial for you for us to do so, for example if you may be interested to hear about a new course/product on offer; and
- in performance of SD’s contracts with you (if any).
The information SD collect may include: your name, e-mail address, title, occupation, company, industry, region, relationship to us, reason for contacting us, billing details, payment methods and any message you submit to him.
Lawful bases for Processing
The bases SD has for processing your information are:
- SD’s legitimate business interests to keep you up to date with events and information SD feels you will benefit from (Legitimate Interest);
- the performance of anticipation of performance of SD’s services via contracts (Contract).
How will SD use your information?
SD may use your information in the following ways:
- to provide you with information about himself, events, or other matters which SD consider may interest you.
- to ensure that SD’s site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you; and
- to notify you about changes to SD’s services.
Who has access to your information?
As appropriate SD’s team will access your information for the purposes described above. SD may provide your information to his professional advisors as appropriate. SD may also disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, or if we believe that such action is necessary to:
- comply with legal requirements,
- protect and defend our rights or property or those of our users or
- protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
SD may collect the e-mail addresses of those who send him e-mail messages; however, he will not share those addresses with any unaffiliated third party, except where you agree that he may use your information to provide you with marketing information that you request or that he feels may interest you.
Where does SD process your information?
SD will not transfer your information to or store it at a location outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries which do not have as developed data protection laws unless adequate safeguards are in place.
How does SD keep your information secure?
SD has implemented measures meeting generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction.
All your information is stored on secure servers and he will protect your information in line with legal requirements.
Despite these precautions, however, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and he cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to his site or that unauthorised persons will not obtain access to your information.
SD will only keep your data for as long as is necessary.
You have the right to access, rectify or erase your information and should direct any request on your information to SD.
SD would like to keep your personal information accurate. You have the right to correct, update or change your information.
You have the right to ask SD not to process your information (or pass your information to other companies or organisations) for marketing purposes. He ensures all of his marketing emails have an opt-out link or option to let him know if you do not want to hear from him. SD encourages you to tell him if you do not want to receive marketing or other communications from him. You also have the right to ask him to erase your information at any time.
If you have any complaint about how SD has used your information please do contact him.
How to Contact SD
Last updated: May 2018